KENDALLVILLE, Ind. (WFFT) - Indiana's Republican Senate primary campaign has been nasty and one of the most expensive in the nation.
Congressman Todd Rokita, Congressman Luke Messer and businessman Mike Braun are making a final push across Indiana before Tuesday's Primary election.
"Looking strong into the finish and we're going to plow right through Tuesday," said Braun.
"I'm the one that's the trusted one. I've been everyone's secretary of state with record vote totals. They know I'm a fighter, they know I've always put them first," Rokita said.
Rokita is making 50 stops across the state before Tuesday's election, including stops Friday at the Allen County Repubublican Party headquarters and the Noble County Lincoln Day Dinner.
"This is where I get my marching orders. This is where I know what's important to us. And equally important, what's not important," said Rokita.
Braun was also at the event in Kendallville Friday.
Messer was scheduled to be there, but he cancelled at the last minute.
"You don't want to ever let up. The most important thing what kind of plan did you put in place early on. There's really no way to scramble if you haven't had a good plan," said Braun.
The three candidates are hoping to beat Senator Joe Donnelly by aligning themselves with President Donald Trump.
Trump won the Hoosier state by 19 points two years ago.
"I'm pro-life. I'm a pro second amendment conservative who supports president Trump," said Messer.
"I was working with the President to get him elected against crooked Hillary Clinton. Luke Messer was on the Clinton News Network, otherwise known as CNN, disparaging the President," Rokita said.
However, Braun said he's the one who can win the seat from Donelly.
"It's going to take a guy like me that's the clear difference to Joe Donnelly. All of the guys I'm running against are what I say are attorneys that never really practiced," said Braun.
Polls are open Tuesday from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. with early voting happening through Monday.
- GOP Senate candidates making final push before Primary Tuesday
- Third District candidates make final push for votes
- GOP Senate candidates debate issues in Fort Wayne
- GOP Indiana Senate candidate weighs in on Kavanaugh claims
- Indiana GOP locked candidate out of database
- Surprise addition to candidates filing for May primary
- Indiana senator pushes for CBD oil legalization
- Senator Braun pushing for cheaper prescriptions
- Democrats capture House, GOP holds Senate
- Final push to save building in Five Points