FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — General Motors Fort Wayne Assembly is holding a job fair this week to fill seasonal summer positions.
The job fair will be held on Thursday from 1-3 p.m. at the WorkOne Northeast office, which is located at 201 E. Rudisill Boulevard in Fort Wayne.
GM is seeking to fill over 150 part-time, temporary production team members for the summer vacation period.
Candidates will be able to complete an application at WorkOne during the job fair.
GM staff will also be in attendance to answer questions.
Here's what you need to know before you apply:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours, any shift, any day with little notice.
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals.
- Must possess good physical stamina and coordination.
- Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Base pay is $16.67 per hour with a 5% shift premium for second shift and a 10% premium for third shift.
- Part-time temporary employees can work a maximum of 32 hours per week.
- Part-time temporary employees are eligible for health care and paid holidays on their 91st calendar day of employment.
It takes 2-4 weeks to complete the hiring process.
Those interested will need to successfully complete the requirements for GM's hiring process which includes comprehensive assessments, hair drug testing and a background check.