FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - People can get free tax filing help thanks to the VITA Tax Preparation Program.
The program is a partnership between the United Way and Volunteer Center.
People who earned $54,000.00 or less in 2017 are eligible for the program.
Tax payers will be at two locations:
St. Mary's Catholic Church
101 Lafayette Street
Monday - Wednesday 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
American Red Cross
212 California Road, 46825
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon.
Make sure to bring:
• Picture ID, Social Security or ITIN cards for all members of the family
• W-2, Unemployment, and/or 1099 forms for ALL jobs held in 2017
• Health Insurance information for everyone in the family for 2017
• If you had Marketplace Insurance, 1095-A Form
• Letters or notices received from IRS
• Copy of last year's tax return
• Savings or checking account number if using direct deposit
• Your spouse, if filing jointly
• Landlord name, address and rent paid in 2017
• If you paid for 2017 child care- provider's name, address, Tax ID, and amount paid
• College tuition expense (form 1098T) and/or student loan interest (form 1098E)
• Home interest and property tax paid in 2017
Call 211 for more details.
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday
- Free tax preparation available in Fort Wayne
- Tox-Away Saturdays begin
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Christmas tree recycling begins
- Business good for tax preparers as people rush to finish them before possible shutdown
- Major Snowstorm Saturday
- Mad Ants Begin Training Camp
- Elmhurst High School demolition begins
- Fireworks cleanup and sales begin