FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- If you're looking to get your taxes done you can get them filed for free in Fort Wayne.
Anyone who makes less than $54,000 per year can get federal and state taxes filed by experienced tax preparers. This is the 18th year for the free tax preparation. Last year more that 2,800 tax returns were prepared.
Hours of free tax preparation
Mon, Tues, Wed: 2pm-8pm
"We want to make sure they get all the tax credits they deserve. We don't want them to really spend their money on outside providers. We want to help them and teach them financial literacy at the same time," said Jean Joley, Executive Director of the Volunteer Center.
If you want to get your taxes filed you can do so at St. Mary's Catholic Church in downtown Fort Wayne or at the American Red Cross.
Residents outside of Allen County can make an appointment for tax preparation by calling 260-925-0917.
- Free tax preparation available in Fort Wayne
- Free tax preparation begins Saturday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne's water week kicks off with free tours
- Fort Wayne Parks launch free Summer Playground Program
- Walmart offering free heart health event at Fort Wayne locations
- Fort Wayne Sister Cities International prepares for gala
- Fort Wayne auto dealer banned for life after tax plea
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing