FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mayor Tom Henry, along with Parks and Recreation and community leaders, celebrated the completion of Franklin School Park Wednesday morning.
The $1.8 million project was designed by architect, Alec Johnson. The renovated Franklin School garage was designed by Steve Schuhmacher. The garage is now the David Hefner Pavilion. The Hefner family donated $300,000 to the renovation.
Organizers were also excited to announce there will be a police presence at the park.
"We couldn't have done something like this without their help, but it's really a real model for community involvement," said Al Moll of Parks and Recreation.
Reservations to rent the new pavilion will begin December 18th.
- Franklin School Park completed
- Salomon Park Farmhouse renovations complete
- Aretha Franklin dies at 76
- Dupont Road construction is complete
- Aretha Franklin earns posthumous Pulitzer Prize
- Former Elmhurst High School almost completely torn down
- Pufferbelly Trail in Fort Wayne complete
- Metaform sculpture and mural complete downtown
- Businesses along Broadway celebrate project completion
- Peter Franklin Jewelers granted extension to develop property