FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne firefighters rescued four minors from an early morning house fire on Thursday.
Crews responded just before 6:00 a.m. Thursday to 4401 Smith Street. That's on the city's southeast side. They were first told the house was vacant, but at least eight people were inside at the time of the fire.
Two kids were taken to the hospital in critical condition. The other two were listed in good condition. Their ages are not known at this time.
Everyone else was able to get out safely.
Crews were still on the scene around 10:00 a.m. Thursday putting out hot spots. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Four minors rescued from early morning house fire
- Early morning fire damages home
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Home badly damaged after early morning fire
- Firefighter hurt battling early morning business fire
- Fire destroys home early Thursday morning
- Mobile home destroyed in early morning fire
- Early morning crash injures two
- Police investigating early morning shooting
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation