FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne's newest park, Promenade Park, opened Friday along the St. Mary's River.
The park has something for everyone, including a lazy river near the entrance that ends at a splash pad; games such as corn hole, ping pong and foosball; a canapoy trail; playground and much more.
A grand opening celebration will continue on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday’s activities include: A visit with Walkaround Elmo from Sesame Street, the Fort Wayne Dragon Boat Races, St. Marys River Boat Tours, a kayak parade, Riverfront Revival Lighted Boat Parade and more. Sunday’s activities will feature Urban Birdwatching, Project Squirrel, a Native Butterfly Release, River Renaissance Burning Sculpture in the St. Marys River and Stargazing on the Riverfront.
For a complete schedule of grand opening weekend activities, visit RiverfrontFW.org/grand-opening.
- Fort Wayne's Promenade Park now open with three day celebration
- Fort Wayne Parks Foundation creating legacy endowment for Promenade Park
- Promenade Park set to open
- Fort Wayne unveils sculpture at Promenade Park entrance
- Promenade Park opening delayed until August
- People enjoy Promenade Park's grand opening weekend
- Campaign for Promenade Park announced
- Fort Wayne Parks and Rec offers tour of Riverfront, Promenade Park
- Fort Wayne celebrates World Wetlands Day
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success