FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne's city council approved the 2019 budget Tuesday.
The council cut more than $700,000 from the proposed $173 million budget.
Cuts came from 11 different departments across the city.
There will be more firefighters and police officers, new fire engines and neighborhood improvements.
The money cut from the budget will go into the city's rainy day fund.
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- City council to trim Fort Wayne's 2019 budget
- GM unveils Fort Wayne Built 2019 Silverado
- Senior Games 2019 begins in Fort Wayne
- You Decide: 2019 Fort Wayne election previews
- City council votes against Fort Wayne UNITED budget cut
- Fort Wayne 2020 city budget formally introduced Tuesday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Thunderbirds to perform in Fort Wayne in July of 2019
- Fort Wayne VA center priority for fiscal 2019