FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department responded to an apparent early morning stabbing on Wednesday.
Shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday officers were dispatched to the 1300 block of Greene St. for the report of an unknown problem.
Police say as they arrived on scene they located a female that apeared to have been stabbed.
They say paramedics arrived on scene and pronounced the victim deceased.
Police say another female was inside the apartment that was taken to the police station for questioning.
At this time police do not know what the relationship between the two women was.
The Fort Wayne Police Homicide team is investigating the incident.
Crime Scene technicians are processing the scene for evidence.
The identity of the victim, cause and manner of death will be released by the Allen County Coroner at a later date.
This incident remains under investigation.
Check back with FOX 55 News as more information becomes available.
- Fort Wayne woman dead after early morning stabbing on Greene Street
- Fort Wayne woman charged in Greene Street stabbing
- Fort Wayne police investigating early morning stabbing
- Woman stabbed to death, left on Fort Wayne street
- Greene Street stabbing victim identified
- Fort Wayne Police investigating deadly stabbing on Strathmore Street
- Fort Wayne police investigating deadly stabbing on Francis Street
- Arrest made in Greene Street deadly stabbing
- Friend of Fort Wayne stabbing victim speaks
- No injuries after early morning fire in Fort Wayne