FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Fort Wayne police have arrested a 19-year-old woman accused of shooting a 19-year-old man Tuesday during an argument over money.
Court records say Kennisha J. Jackson is charged with aggravated battery and battery resulting in serious bodily injury in the shooting of Diquan Meriwether.
Police say Jackson shot Meriwether in a house near Pontiac and Abbott streets about 2:15 p.m.
Police say a woman called 911 and reported the victim was shot and that she was taking him to a hospital in a Chevy Malibu.
FWPD says they met the caller at Vance Avenue and Santa Lisa Court and took the victim to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
A probable cause affidavit released Wednesday says the caller told detectives she drove Meriwether to a home on Abbott Street because he needed to collect money from a woman named "Kennisha."
She told police she was still in the car when she heard a gunshot and Meriweather came running out of the house.
Police say Jackson told investigators Meriweather pulled a gun on her, dropped it and then she picked it up and shot him.
A witness who was upstairs inside the house told police she heard the two arguing and ran halfway down the stairs to see both Jackson and Meriwether with guns at their sides.
The witness told police she ran back upstairs and heard one gunshot.
She said Jackson came back upstairs a short time later and said Meriwether ran from the house, according to the affidavit.
Police say Jackson never called 911 and the home appears to have been cleaned before they arrived.
Jackson is being held at the Allen County Jail.
- Fort Wayne woman arrested in deadly shooting of 19-year-old
- Murder charges filed against 19-year-old Fort Wayne woman
- Fort Wayne police arrest man in deadly Runnion Avenue shooting
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Woman in Fort Wayne hospitalized after shooting on Wefel Street
- Woman found dead inside Fort Wayne hotel room, arrest made
- Wefel Street shooting suspect arrested by Fort Wayne police
- Fort Wayne police arrest suspect in July 4th shooting
- Fort Wayne police arrest Broadway Grill shooting suspect
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins