FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne is getting a new Indiana State Police post complete with an updated crime lab.
The State Budget Committee approved $29.5 million in funds Wednesday for Fort Wayne and Lowell facilities.
The new Fort Wayne post will be in the same location on Ellison Road and cost around $15 million. It will be roughly 22,000 square feet. The old facility will remain and be used for long-term evidence storage.
The work done in the new lab will include DNA testing, firearm ballistics, and drug analysis.
Engineering on the new facility is expected to start this fall.
- Fort Wayne to get new ISP post, crime lab
- Crime on the decline in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne's Fairfield Neighborhood tackles crime
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift