FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A Fort Wayne police officer has been returned back to Indiana to face charges.
Officer Andrew Beck is facing three charges that include Child Solicitation for sexual intercourse.
At the time of his initial arrest, Beck was in California on military leave.
An investigation started in April after a report was made to a Wayne High School Resource Officer, alleging that Officer Andrew Beck had been engaging in an inappropriate relationship with a student.
They said at that time, Beck was also working at Wayne High School as a part-time School Resource Officer.
The investigation that followed this initial allegation, did in fact reveal that Beck was engaging in inappropriate conduct of a sexual nature via Snapchat with a 16-year-old girl at Wayne High School .
Beck is currently on leave with the police department.
He is expected tp appear in court Thursday.
- Fort Wayne police officer extradited back after arrest in California
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne police officer under investigation
- Fort Wayne police officer arrested on child pornography charges
- Fort Wayne officer under investigation
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Fiesta Time Fort Wayne is back
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Autopsy reveals Fort Wayne Police Officer died from heart attack