FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- On Monday December 31, 2018 around 4:00 a.m. the Fort Wayne Police Department responded to a local hospital in reference to a male who arrived suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. Upon arriving at the hospital, the victim was determined to be in critical condition.
Around 3:40 a.m., Fort Wayne Police Dispatch received a 911 call from an individual advising of suspicious people in the area of the 9200 block of Spring Breeze Court. As the person was on the phone with dispatch, there were possible gunshots heard outside in the area.
Investigators are attempting to determine if the two incidents are possibly related with eachother as they canvassing the neighborhood speaking with neighbors to see if anyone may have seen or heard anything. Investigators are trying to determine where the shooting actually occurred. This is an ongoing investigation and any additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
The Fort Wayne Police Department is asking for anyone who may have information in reference to the shooting to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department Detective Bureau at 427-1201 or Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP
- Police investigating early morning shooting
- Police investigating an early Sunday morning shooting
- Fort Wayne police investigating early morning stabbing
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation
- Police investigate shooting
- Huntington Police investigate shooting
- Early morning shooting leaves one injured
- Police investigate shooting at Walmart
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Early morning crash injures two