FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Fort Wayne police say a man tried to snatch a baby boy from his mother's arms until two bystanders pulled him away.
Police say 45-year-old Scott Russell of Fort Wayne was charged Monday with felony kidnapping and battery and misdemeanor battery.
Investigators say in an affidavit the woman was sitting in a medical clinic waiting room June 25 when Russell walked up to her and grabbed the baby boy. They say the woman screamed and began kicking Russell, and a second woman and a man also in the waiting room pulled Russell away. The boy suffered scratches.
Police found Russell at the clinic. He told an officer he tried to hurt the baby because he was "very angry with the world." He's being held at the Allen County Jail.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Wayne police: Bystanders stop man from snatching baby
- Baby giraffe escapes Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- B.R.A.K.E.S program makes stop in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne police searching for Phil's One Stop armed robber
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Four promotions at Fort Wayne Police Department
- Fort Wayne police investigating early morning stabbing
- Fort Wayne Police investigating Thursday night shooting