FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Fort Wayne police say two of its officers have suffered non-life-threatening injuries in an accidental shooting during a training exercise.
Police say one officer was shot in the hand and the other officer in the lower extremities by a single bullet during the training Tuesday afternoon at the Public Safety Academy in Fort Wayne. Both were taken to a hospital.
Police say both officers are veterans, but their names haven't been released.
It wasn't immediately clear what type of training the officers were receiving.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Wayne police: 2 officers accidentally shot in training
- Fort Wayne school bus shot
- Fort Wayne police officer under investigation
- Fort Wayne officer under investigation
- Prosecutor: No charges against officer who shot Fort Wayne man
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Fort Wayne police investigating whether wounded man was shot
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday