FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Fort Wayne police say two of its officers have suffered non-life-threatening injuries in an accidental shooting during a training exercise.
Police say one officer was shot in the hand and the other officer in the lower extremities by a single bullet during the training Tuesday afternoon at the Public Safety Academy in Fort Wayne. Both were taken to a hospital.
Police say both officers are veterans, but their names haven't been released.
It wasn't immediately clear what type of training the officers were receiving.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Wayne police: 2 officers accidentally shot in training
- Fort Wayne officer under investigation
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- Autopsy reveals Fort Wayne Police Officer died from heart attack
- Fort Wayne Police Officer dies after chasing suspect
- Four promotions at Fort Wayne Police Department