FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne-based Aardvark Straws was sold this week.
Hoffmaster Group, based in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, bought the only manufacturer of paper straws in the U.S. Monday.
The disposable tablewear company plans to increase production of the straws that have grown in popularity this year.
Cities such as Seattle and San Francisco have banned the use of plastic straws, driving the demand Aardvark couldn't meet.
- Fort Wayne paper straw company sold
- Paper straw company opening new plant, adding jobs
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- There's an environmentally friendly spin on drinking straws in Fort Wayne
- German auto parts company to expand in Fort Wayne
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success