FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Summit City has once again been recognized as one of Money's Best Places to Live in America for 2019.
Fort Wayne came in as the 72nd best place to live this year.
“It’s great to see that Fort Wayne continues to receive national recognition. In 2019 alone, we’ve been highlighted by several organizations that have viewed our City in a positive manner," Mayor Tom Henry said. "Each day, we’re seeing investments and excitement in our community. Collectively, we’re coming together with a unified commitment to being the very best as a great place to live, work and play. We’re building on the momentum and making a difference.”
“Fort Wayne’s most recent recognition by Money as being one of the best cities in the country to live sends a strong message that our community is moving forward in the right direction," Henry said. "We’re a great place for individuals and families to call home. The study examined important areas such as the economy, cost of living, diversity, education, housing and health to name a few. All of those are critical components that make up a growing and thriving city, and we’re performing well.”
Some of the factors that put Fort Wayne in the top 100 were:
Median home price: $132.6K
Projected job growth: 5.4%
Average commute: 22 minutes
Other places in Indiana that made the list:
No. 3: Fishers, IN
No. 32: Eagle Creek, Indianapolis, IN
You can view the full list here.
- Fort Wayne on Money's Best Places To Live list for 2019
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- National championship taking place in Fort Wayne
- Tube placed for Fort Wayne tunnel project
- GM unveils Fort Wayne Built 2019 Silverado
- Senior Games 2019 begins in Fort Wayne
- Angie's List co-founder returns to Fort Wayne for conference
- Fort Wayne Housing Authority opening Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne firefighters raise money for NE Indiana MDA