FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- When STAR 88.3 got a letter from a woman who said she has the best mother of them all, they knew they had to do something to celebrate her.
Jennifer Spears was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 33 weeks pregnant with her second child. Her mom, Maureen Gough moved from Florida when they got the news. She's been helping her daughter with her 7 week old baby girl and a toddler son, all while supporting Spears through the symptoms of chemo therapy.
Spears wrote a letter to STAR 88.3 just in time for Mother's Day, telling the radio station how grateful she is to have such a supportive mom. Fox 55 was there Thursday when Melissa Montana surprised Gough with a gift basket from Vera Bradley, Darlington Holiday Warehouse, and Baker Street.
Gough told Fox 55 she had no words for the moment, only that she was surprised.
"I'm just really excited that we were able to kind of honor her today through the radio station. They had a little contest and my mom is definitely the best mom, so she deserves to win," Spears said.
STAR 88.3 will continue to honor special moms this weekend.
- Fort Wayne mother honored after helping daughter through chemo
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Mother's Day takes over downtown Fort Wayne
- Military dogs honored in Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Manchester University helps clean up Fort Wayne
- What's happening on Mother's Day in Fort Wayne?
- Fort Wayne mother charged with neglect after her baby dies
- Mother returns to Fort Wayne seeking justice for son's death