FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A Fort Wayne man who killed his neighbor in October of 2017 was sentenced to 63 years in prison Friday.
DeeDee Barnett shot and killed 31-year-old Brian Lowe Jr.
Lowe was the passenger in a parked vehicle when Barnett walked up and shot him in the head. Barnett told police he shot Lowe because he believed he was causing trouble in the neighborhood.
Barnett pleaded guilty Friday and was sentenced to 63 years.
- Fort Wayne man sentenced to 63 years for shooting neighbor
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Fort Wayne man handed maximum sentence for murder, attempted murder
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne man found guilty in Easter shooting
- Fort Wayne man pleads guilty in 2015 shooting
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing