PAULDING, Ohio (WFFT) -- A Fort Wayne man is dead after troopers say a Corvette drove off the road in Paulding County Sunday.
The crash happened about 12:35 p.m. on State Route 500, east of County Road 87.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says 29-year-old Brandon Smith of Paulding was driving a 1998 Corvette west on SR 500 at a high rate of speed.
Troopers say Smith failed to negotiate a curve and the car went off the right side of the road, overturning several times before coming to rest in a field.
Troopers say a front-seat passenger, 38-year-old Aaron Crutchfield of Fort Wayne, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Smith was taken by ambulance to Paulding County Hospital and later airlifted to Parkview.
Troopers say alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Fort Wayne man killed in Paulding County crash
- Paulding woman killed in Defiance County crash
- Paulding County shooting suspect dies
- Paulding County man arrested for shooting grandson
- 45-year-old Fort Wayne man killed in motorcycle crash
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- 1 injured in rural Paulding County plane crash
- Paulding County murder suspect found in Nevada
- Paulding County Hospital cutting equipment services
- Paulding County deputies search for bank robber