FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - A Fort Wayne man who once faced 13 charges related to child molesting has avoided time in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull sentenced 49-year-old Steven Wells to a three-year suspended prison sentence and ordered him to spend four years on probation, as called for in a plea agreement he reached with prosecutors.
Wells also was ordered not to contact the girls.
The 11 other charges were dismissed.
Court records state Wells admitted to having sex with a 14-year-old girl and abusing a 13-year-old girl who has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old.
The abuse happened between 2012 and 2016.
Wells signed court documents and then was released on his own recognizance following the Friday hearing.
- Fort Wayne man gets suspended sentence for molesting 2 teens
- Witness in Fort Wayne coach's death sentenced
- Missing Fort Wayne teen found safe
- Fort Wayne Police Department suspends use of LVNR
- Fort Wayne man handed maximum sentence for murder, attempted murder
- Fort Wayne man sentenced to 63 years for shooting neighbor
- Fort Wayne man receives maximum sentence for murder
- Fort Wayne man sentenced to 17 years in prison
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel