FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Fort Wayne police say the victim of the Euclid Avenue shooting died Thursday morning shortly before 7.
The coroner has identified the victim as 29-year-old Corey Appleberry of Fort Wayne.
Appleberry was originally hospitalized in critical condition Wednesday night after a shooting on the city's southeast side.
Officers responded to the 2700 block of Euclid Ave. just before 8 p.m. and found a man lying in the yard.
Police say two men who knew each other were fighting and one fired a gun.
The man who wasn't shot remained at the scene and is talking to investigators.
Police say they found the gun at the scene.
Investigators say they are still interviewing several witnesses.
The coroner ruled Appleberry's death as the 19th homicide in Allen County for 2019.
- IDENTIFIED: Fort Wayne man dead after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting
- Fort Wayne man found dead on Huestis Avenue
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Victims in Spatz Avenue double shooting identified
- Man injured in Fort Wayne shooting
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Update: Shooting victim on Fort Wayne's northeast side identified