FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - A jury needed less than two hours to convict a Fort Wayne man of three counts of murder in the fatal shootings of two women and the death of one's unborn fetus.
Twenty-seven-year-old Deyante Stephens also was found guilty of a firearms enhancement Thursday evening following a three-day trial. He's due to be sentenced April 5 and faces up to 215 years in prison.
Stephens was charged in the January 2018 slayings of 37-year-old Preonda Jones and 24-year-old Brianna Gould inside a home. Gould was pregnant.
Prosecutors said it was a senseless act of violence.
Defense attorney Anthony Churchward argued no one saw Stephens shoot the women.
Stephens showed no emotion while the verdict was read.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Wayne man convicted of killing 2 women, fetus
- Fort Wayne man convicted in barbershop murder
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- Man sentenced to 200 years for deaths of 2 women, fetus
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Man killed after Fort Wayne mobile home shooting
- Fort Wayne man killed in Paulding County crash
- Coroner identifies Fort Wayne man killed in stabbing
- 45-year-old Fort Wayne man killed in motorcycle crash
- Fort Wayne man killed in overnight shooting on Broadway Street