FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The City of Fort Wayne Police Department is facing a shortage of adult guards for several locations around the city.
The adult guards, better known as school crossing guards, are needed to help school-aged children with safely crossing the street at busy intersections at their arrival and dismissal from school.
The city says training and equipment will be provided after candidates are approved after a background check by the police department.
All candidates must be 18 years old or older to apply.
Applications can be submitted by going online to the city of Fort Wayne website at cityoffortwayne.org.
Scroll down to the job title of Adult Guard and press the "Apply" feature and follow the instructions.
- Fort Wayne in need of crossing guards
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Trails remind people how crossing lights work
- Crossing guard struck by school bus
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift