FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The family of Spencer Smith who was killed at East Central Towers two years ago has one more thing to worry about.
David Miller, Spencer's grandfather, said one of the people he says is involved in the murder could be getting out of jail soon as early as January.
Right now there are no charges pending in regards to his grandson's death, but he's hoping that will change.
“If we lose the case, we lose the case, but at least we attempted to get these guys locked up with charges of murder. Maybe they'll win the case. You can't really tell how it's going to go,” Miller said.
Miller said he will be talking to Allen County Prosecutor Karen Richards sometime next week.
- Fort Wayne grandfather makes plea for murder charges to be filed
- Fort Wayne grandfather wants answers after a memorial is damaged
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Fort Wayne veteran makes plea to end gun violence
- No charges filed in Fort Wayne officer involved shooting
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne man convicted in barbershop murder
- B.R.A.K.E.S program makes stop in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne auto dealer banned for life after tax plea
- Woman charged in Ligonier murders changes plea