FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Chris Lewis sits in his Fort Wayne office searching for possible leads on where his sister Ashley Meiss is.
Meiss went missing in Ogden, Kansas last week and nobody has heard from her since Saturday.
Lewis says he was shocked when he got the call that his sister was missing.
"My initial thoughts is maybe she just went to a friends house maybe she's just trying to cool down, get away from some stuff," Lewis said. "But after hearing some more of the details, like I said it's very uncharacteristic of her so, immediate worry."
Meiss is a graduate of Northrop.
Lewis says she's a veteran and suffers from PTSD and is depressed.
Lewis says he's doing any and everything he can to help find leads here from home.
Other family members are down in Kansas helping to search for her.
"My father flew down there from North Carolina and did everything he could to try and figure out where she's gone," Lewis said. "My brother's been putting together search parties walking through the woods trying to figure out where she may have gone. He just left yesterday with a group of people."
Lewis says some people saw Meiss before all contact was ended on Saturday.
They've created a GoFundMe page to help raise money for a reward to help find her as well as to help pay for a private investigator.
Lewis says all they really want is for Meiss to come home.
"Our family is very concerned," Lewis said. "We're all very worried. We're hoping that she'll watch this video and come home. We're not mad at her. We love her and we just want her to come home."
Lewis says his sister has many friends in Fort Wayne.
He's hoping that if somebody sees this and has heard from her that they'll contact police.
If you do have information you're asked to call Crime Stoppers or the Riley County Police Department in Kansas.
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- FOUND: Fort Wayne Police cancel search for missing woman
- Fort Wayne family hoping missing son, brother returns home
- Update: Silver Alert cancelled; missing Fort Wayne woman found safe
- UPDATE: Silver Alert canceled for missing Fort Wayne woman
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Missing Fort Wayne teen found safe
- Fort Wayne family's plane crashed in Pennsylvania
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne police searching for Phil's One Stop armed robber