Photo Gallery 4 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Two men in Fort Wayne were arrested on drug trafficking charges earlier this week.
Police arrested 44-year-old Steven Hecke and 34-year-old Samuel Battell, both of Fort Wayne Tuesday.
United States Attorney Thomas Kirsch said both men were charged Wednesday with possession with intent to distribute meth and fentanyl along with possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.
According to case documents, agents executed a series of search warrants at multiple locations in Allen County on Monday.
During the execution of search warrants, law enforcement officials say approximately 19 pounds of meth, 900 grams of fentanyl, multiple firearms and cash were seized.
“We are focused on working with our local, state and federal agencies to curb drug and gun crimes in the Northern District of Indiana. This case is an excellent example of agencies working together to accomplish those goals,” U.S. Attorney Thomas L. Kirsch said.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office says if convicted, any specific sentence to be imposed will be determined by the Judge after a consideration of federal sentencing statutes and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
“DEA commends the outstanding work of our law enforcement partners. If the alleged amount of fentanyl recovered would have hit the streets, it could have been devastating given that only 2mg could kill the average person. DEA will continue to use all resources available to target criminal organizations that introduce drugs into our communities,” Michael Gannon with the Drug Enforcement Administration said.
The case is being investigated by the DEA and Allen County Drug Task Force.
The case is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorney Anthony Geller.
- Fort Wayne duo arrested on drug trafficking charges
- How Destiny Rescue fights Fort Wayne's juvenile sex trafficking
- Fort Wayne police officer arrested on child pornography charges
- Fort Wayne man arrested on multiple rape charges
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Fort Wayne Firefighter arrested at fire station
- Nurse, inmate at Kosciusko Jail arrested in drug trafficking sting
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day
- Fort Wayne to allocate $500k towards reducing drug impact