FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The city can continue to annex the LaCabreah neighborhood despite some residents not wanting it after all.
The process started earlier this year with 51% of the residents living in the northern part of the neighborhood signing a petition requesting the annexation.
However, since then people asked their names to be removed because they felt mislead by their association. That would bring the number of people requesting the annexation below the required signatures, but they can continue with the annexation under involuntary annexation rules since the process has started.
City council is expected to vote on the issue next week.
- Fort Wayne can continue to annex LaCabreah neighborhood
- LaCabreah annexation approved as involuntary
- La Cabreah neighborhood petitions to be annexed
- La Cabreah neighborhood now divided over annexation
- 10 Fort Wayne Neighborhoods Awarded Grants
- Fort Wayne residents clean up the city, fix up neighborhoods
- Fort Wayne sidewalk project connects elementary school to neighborhoods
- TenPoint Facade Program helping beautify SE Fort Wayne neighborhood
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Development continues on Fort Wayne's largest construction project