FORT WAYNE, Ind. --The City of Fort Wayne and Mayor Tom Henry welcome the Fort Wayne FC soccer club, an expansion team of the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), to Fort Wayne.
Based in Fort Wayne, the Fort Wayne Football Club, (FWFC) represents the highest competitive play of men’s outdoor soccer in Northeast Indiana.
Fort Wayne FC joins the NPSL, a national outdoor soccer league at the fourth tier of the United States soccer pyramid.
The club will begin competition in the Midwest Region’s Great Lakes Conference starting in May 2020.
Fort Wayne FC plans to introduce a competitive women’s team in 2022.
FWFC will draw its interest, experience, and knowledge from members, players, and supporters of Fort Wayne’s local adult and youth soccer clubs as well as many smaller soccer clubs and college and high school soccer teams located in Fort Wayne and its 11-county region of Northeast Indiana.
The Fort Wayne FC will be an added team to the already competitive NPSL - Great Lakes Conference.
The owners, coaches, and staff of the newly formed Fort Wayne FC expect not only a winning season, but also reaching the postseason stage.
Not only will Fort Wayne FC compete successfully, but as part of the community it will generate a positive economic impact for Fort Wayne and its surrounding area and will make Fort Wayne a destination for soccer enthusiasts.
The club’s mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana, in support of U.S. Soccer efforts to develop world-class players, coaches, and referees.
With the “Passion for Soccer,” Fort Wayne FC will build community and belonging through the beautiful game and the spirit of soccer.
The club’s vision is to provide a stepping stone for young and talented soccer players from the large pool of youth and young adult players in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana in order to play, develop, and compete at the highest level of soccer nationally and internationally.
The team will build on its strong connection to Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana to become a point of pride in the community.
Greg Mauch will serve as General Manager.
Greg is a member of the Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame and the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
Fort Wayne FC is led by a strong and diverse ownership group with a passion for soccer having played competitively in their youth or as adults.
The owners believe the city of Fort Wayne has the passion and enthusiasm to support a soccer team at a high level of play.
The Ownership of Fort Wayne FC includes:
● Dr. Erik Magner, President of Fort Wayne FC. President of Meister Cook, LLC.
● John Bellio, Vice-President of Fort Wayne FC. President of Coldwell Banker Roth Wehrly Graber.
● Drew Little, President of Red Giant.
● Roy Carver, President of R3 Composites Corporation.
● Steve Bermes, President of Novae Corp.
● Mark Music, President of Ruoff Home Mortgage.
● Tom Lapsley, President of the Thistle Group and US Silicones.
● Michael Khorshid, President of Khorporate Holdings.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Fort Wayne announces new soccer expansion for 2020 season
- IU Health planning Fort Wayne expansion
- Fort Wayne nonprofits get ready for expansions
- Manchester University announces expansion
- Fort Wayne Halloween trick or treat hours announced for 2020
- Fort Wayne Community Schools announces 2020 Transition Day date
- Fort Wayne Parks announces closing schedule for golf courses 2020 season
- Lt. Gov. in town to announce expansion of tech company, new jobs in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control planning remodel and expansion
- Parkview Inverness expansion raises concerns for Fort Wayne residents