Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind, (WFFT)- It's new beginnings for the Fort Wayne Urban League starting with a new CEO, new programs to attract young professionals, and the gala's name change.
The Fort Wayne Urban League has been serving the community for almost 100 years. They’re celebrating another year of helping the community, and honoring those who’ve been serving the community as well.
The gala is now called the 2018 Thurgood Marshall Leadership Awards Gala.
This year there are four awardees and they've added an after gala.
The CEO said they're trying to attract more people, and have made the event more affordable.
"We have a new after gala which is a new feature this year for the gala. In addition to the actual program of the gala, We start off with the vip reception from 5 to 6 pm. Then from 6 to 9PM will be the actual program gala with some singing and celebration highlighting what we are to this community and celebrating our awardees. Then we have the after gala celebration. This is a way to attract people to the Urban League Gala, make it more affordable and attractive especially to our younger professionals. The Urban League has a new initiative underway, which is the Urban League Young Professional Initiative, which is a part of our national Urban League movement,” Dr. Cosette Grant-Overton said.
The public is invited to attend the event on Saturday, November 10th. The gala program starts at 6:00 p.m., with an after party at 9:00 p.m.
The event is at the Grand Wayne Center ballroom. You can learn about ticket prices and about the event itself on the Fort Wayne Urban League’s website at fwurbanleague.org
- Fort Wayne Urban League getting ready for its 2018 gala
- Fort Wayne Urban League holds awards gala
- Fort Wayne Urban League initiative recognized nationally
- Urban League hosts mortgage and housing fair
- Fort Wayne ready for Sunday alcohol sales
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- NYE 2019 Grand Gala joins line up of New Year's Eve plans in Fort Wayne
- Get your taste buds ready for Savor Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Sport Club gets ready for season
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day