FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department has announced this year’s Trick or Treat hours for the City of Fort Wayne’s little ghosts and goblins.
The new hours will be from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2. given tonight's forecast.
"We are sorry for any inconvenience this late notice may give families. Fort Wayne Police, Allen County Sheriff, Fort Wayne Fire and Homeland security have all concluded it is just too risky to have that many children out and about given the turn in the weather and high winds advisory that are forecasted for tonight."
The original hours were set hours will be from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31.
The police department says the new time frame was selected "to make the most of the light of day, to keep our kids safe, while trying to make it late enough for parents to be involved."
- Fort Wayne Trick or Treat hours announced for 2019
- Local trick or treating hours
- Fort Wayne, others postpone trick-or-treating due to weather
- Reaction to the change in Fort Wayne's Trick-or-Treat times
- NE Indiana and NW Ohio trick-or-treating times announced for 2019
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo ends summer hours
- Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation announces 2019 pool closing dates
- Fort Wayne leaf pick-up schedule announced for fall 2019
- Fort Wayne announces leaf collection schedule