FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - The Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend has added two more priests to the list of those who have been credibly accused of sexual abusing minors .
The diocese on Tuesday placed Michael Paquet and Bruce A. Schutt on that list after further analysis by the Diocesan Review Board and Bishop Kevin Rhoades of new information that had been received. It says Paquet, who had one credible accusation against him, was ordained in 1978 and removed from ministry in 2005. It says Schutt received two credible allegations from his time as a priest from 1965 to 1975.
The diocese initially named 17 former priests and one former deacon last month.
Rhoades has previously said there are no reports or accusations of abuse against any active priests in the diocese.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese names 2 more accused priests
- Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese names 1 more accused priest
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend releases names of priests accused of abusing children
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend to release names of priests who committed sexual abuse
- Diocese of Fort Wayne- South Bend outlines expectations for employees
- Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne - South Bend opens new museum
- List of accused priests in Fort Wayne - South Bend to be released Tuesday
- South Bend family looking for answers in Fort Wayne
- Diocese celebrates largest priest ordination class in over 40 years
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins