Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne Sister Cities International is all about connecting people who live in Fort Wayne with people who live in our sister cities.
They do this through developing relationships between the students, the arts, and business.
"These cities are Takaoka, Japan; Taizhou, China; Gera, Germany; and Plock, Poland; and Myanmar. Tomorrow night at our gala we have five different cuisines of the cities so everyone can partake of it. It's a buffet so they can culturally enjoy the food of those cities," member Dorothy Kittaka said.
The organization is always looking to develop its student exchange programs building the link between education and global awareness. this gala called "Taste of Sister Cities" which is their only fundraiser helps them to do that.
"This I think will be bigger better brighter and a lot more fun. We'll have different gifts from all those countries," Julie Williams, board president for Fort Wayne Sister Cities said.
The gala is Thursday night at the Parkview Mirro Research Center. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets are $100 per person.
All proceeds will go toward international cultural exchanges like helping students travel abroad.
- Fort Wayne Sister Cities International prepares for gala
- Fort Wayne Urban League holds awards gala
- Airport travelers surprised at Fort Wayne International
- Fort Wayne International Airport holds disaster drill
- Plane slides at Fort Wayne International Airport
- Fort Wayne International Airport receives runway grants
- Fort Wayne Urban League getting ready for its 2018 gala
- Free tax preparation available in Fort Wayne
- Seasonal Myrtle Beach Service returns to Fort Wayne International Airport
- Turnstone to host international paralympic qualifying competition in Fort Wayne