Fort Wayne Police say a 22-year-old Ball State student missing since Friday has been found dead in an apparent suicide.
Police today say they have recovered the body of Carter David Batchelder.
No further details have been released as of Monday morning.
Police said Saturday that Batchelder and a friend were hunting Friday.
They say he was last seen about 9 p.m. Friday when he left his friend's home on the north side of the city.
Investigators say Batchelder never showed up at home and was supposed to move into an apartment at Ball State Saturday.
They say his phone was turned off and that his girlfriend and other friends had not seen him.
Police say his phone was last used near Churubusco, which is about 16 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.
Batchelder is a 2016 graduate of Concordia Lutheran High School, according to the school's website.
Anyone with information is asked to call Fort Wayne Police at (260) 427-1222.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Missing Fort Wayne teen found safe
- Fort Wayne man found dead on Huestis Avenue
- FOUND: Fort Wayne Police cancel search for missing woman
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Police looking for information after man found dead in Fort Wayne
- Woman found dead inside Fort Wayne hotel room, arrest made
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Update: Silver Alert cancelled; missing Fort Wayne woman found safe
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman