FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A Fort Wayne police officer was placed on administrative leave after an officer involved shooting Monday.
Police said someone called 911 about a suspicious man behind Gateway Plaza with a gun.
When officers confronted 19 year- old Noah Busche, he ran toward the neighborhood.
Police said he did something for Officer Jason Fuhrman to fire his gun.
His injury was not life threatening.
No officer was hurt.
Fuhrman is on administrative leave, which is standard procedure for many police departments.
Busche is facing charges on carrying a hand gun without a license and resisting law enforcement.
This is the second time this year a Fort Wayne officer was involved in a shooting.
- Identities released in officer-involved shooting at Gateway Plaza
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Police investigate shooting on Plaza Drive
- Police investigating shooting on Plaza Drive Monday
- Identity, cause of death released for man involved in US 30 incident
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Huntington
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured