FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Detectives are currently at the 4000 block of Reed St. where they say a home invasion took place that happened around 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Two people were shot inside the home, according to police.
One person inside that was shot was 35-year-old Jamika Martin. She was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The other person shot was 37-year-old Demale Amos, who shot in the foot but it was very minor and he refused medical treatment.
Investigators determined that a homeowner may have shot the suspects before they left.
They said a short time later a victim arrived at a local hospital with gunshot wounds and was stated to have life-threatening injuries.
Police are considering this person to be a suspect.
They have utilized the Ring Portal to assist us in requesting video from houses in the area.
This is still an ongoing investigation for Fort Wayne police.
Police ask that if anyone has video of this incident they will opt in to the option of sharing with us via Ring.
Fort Wayne Police are asking anyone who may have information regarding this crime to call (260) 427-1201 or (260) 436-STOP.
Check back with FOX 55 News as more information becomes available.
- Fort Wayne Police investigating Reed Street home invasion
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- Police investigating home invasion on Hobson Road
- Fort Wayne Police investigating deadly stabbing on Strathmore Street
- Fort Wayne police investigating deadly stabbing on Francis Street
- Fort Wayne police investigating early morning stabbing
- Fort Wayne Police investigating Thursday night shooting
- Fort Wayne police officer under investigation
- Fort Wayne officer under investigation
- Paulding County Police investigate death after home invasion