FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Shortly before 3:30 am Sunday morning, officers from the Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the area of Rudisill and Broadway in reference to a vehicle possibly in St. Marys river.
Onstar was advising that they were getting information regarding a vehicle either in the river or along side of the river. A short time later Onstar advised that they were now seeing that the water was moving towards the bridge located at Bluffton Road.
Divers were able to get to the vehicle and secure the vehicle to cable so the vehicle could be pulled from water, and at this time were able to locate a victim inside the vehicle.
The vehicle was pulled from the river just south of the Bluffton Street Bridge.
The person inside was already deceased.
Fatal Team Investigators were called to the scene as well as Department of Natural Resources Officers to investigate and attempt to determine the cause of the this accident.
The identity of the victim will be released at a later time by the Allen County Coroner's Office.
- FWPD investigating death of a person found in a car in St. Marys River
- DNR investigating after body found in St. Marys River
- FWPD seeks person of interest
- FWPD seek person of interest
- Police clear search of St. Marys River after nothing found
- FWPD investigating early morning altercation
- Body identified in St. Marys River
- FWPD make drug arrests
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- FWPD investigating shooting on Webster Street