FORT WAYNE, Ind.(WFFT) -- On Sunday at 11:05 a.m. the Fort Wayne Police Department responded to a residence located in the 2700 block of Repton Drive in connection to a domestic battery investigation.
As officers arrived on the scene, they spoke with an adult female victim who told officers that a male who she identified as 26-year-old Javon Dontrell Luna had battered her while inside the residence.
The female victim stated that Luna was inside the residence with his young child. Officers on the scene made several attempts to make contact with Luna via calling and texting his cell phone, knocking on the door to the residence, and using a siren and PA speaker while outside the residence. Luna refused to communicate with officers.
At approximately 1:20 p.m., officers with the Fort Wayne Police Departments Emergency Services Team, Crisis Response Team, and Air Support Unit were dispatched to the scene.
Shortly after, officers say they spoke with Luna on the phone.
Luna stated that he was going to exit the home and surrender to police.
At approximately 1:48 PM, Luna exited the residence and surrendered to police.
The young child also exited the home and was reunited with his mother who was on the scene.
Luna was transported from the scene to the Allen County Jail where he is facing several felony charges.
- Fort Wayne Police arrest man after barricade situation
- Man surrenders after barricade incident
- Police identify man arrested in Fort Wayne bank robbery
- Fort Wayne police arrest man in deadly Runnion Avenue shooting
- Police: Missing Fort Wayne man found dead
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne Firefighter arrested at fire station
- Police detain barricaded patient at Lutheran Hospital
- Fort Wayne police officer arrested on child pornography charges