FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Science Central hosted the Fort Wayne Fire Department on Sunday.
Firefighters were on-site running training excercises for scenarios that require them to work in elevated places.
One of the main drills used ropes to lower themselves down from the top of the building down to the lower level.
"We will put the rope through and then we will lower it down to pick someone out of the basket like in case we have an injured person that has to come in the basket that we can lift them up and Science Central was nice enough to let us come out with all the height and open area that they have. It works out great," Ed Connett said.
Connett is the Fort Wayne Fire Department technical team rescue leader.
The training was from 10am to 1pm.
- Fort Wayne Fire Department conducts drills at Science Central
- Science Central hosts Purdue University Fort Wayne day
- Fort Wayne International Airport holds disaster drill
- Fort Wayne Fire Department battles fire on Third Street
- Four promotions at Fort Wayne Police Department
- Fort Wayne Fire Department gives holiday safety tips
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health receives $54,000 grant
- Fort Wayne Police Department suspends use of LVNR
- Fort Wayne Police Department releases details of neck restraint suspension