FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- If you want to be a firefighter with the Fort Wayne Fire Department, now's your chance.
Starting this Friday, you'll have until March 8th to get your application in. Qualified applicants between the ages of 21 and 35 will be considered.
Fort Wayne Fire Department's hiring process:
- Written Exam
- Panel Interview
- Eligibility List is Established
- Background Investigation
- Fire Chief Interview (subject to change)
- Acrophobia/Claustrophobia Test
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Psychological Exam
- Medical Exam
- Pension Board Approval
- Merit Commission Approval
- Appointment to Academy
If selected, classes will start in August and those who graduate will begin employment at their assigned fire station by Christmas.
Visit the fire department's website for more information about the application process.
- FWFD accepting applications
- FWFD: water rescue not resumed
- FWFD investigating structure fire in Waynedale
- FWFD, city officials review last year's successes
- FWFD unveils new ladder truck one
- FWFD graduates 90th class of firefighters
- State doesn't require CO detectors, FWFD warns against poisoning
- Meijer donates to FWFD "Fill the Boot" fundraiser
- Mayor Henry, FWPD, and FWFD recap 2018; plan for 2019
- City application removes felony question