FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Saturday they held a job fair in hopes of filling those positions.
Job openings include guest service at the food concessions, gift shops, front gate, rides, zoo interpreters and operations support.
All openings are temporary positions, ranging from 15 to 40 hours per week during the zoo season which is mid-April through mid-October.
"In a candidate, we want someone who is friendly, upbeat, gives great customer service, obviously hardworking, and able to work with a diverse team here at the zoo," says the Zoo's General Manager of Food Service, Sean Paschall.
Many people came in and walked away with a job on the spot doing the interview and paperwork in the same day.
The Communications Director, Bonnie Kemp, said they are looking for passionate people.
"If they have a passion for the zoo or for animals, we are the best place to come,"she said.
For more information, visit kidszoo.org.
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds job fair
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo to hold volunteer opportunity fair
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo holds "Enrichment Day"
- Baby giraffe escapes Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo gets new wheelchair ramp for train
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo celebrates National Zookeeper Week
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo opens for 53rd year
- Fort Wayne Zoo mourns loss of giraffe
- Aardvark Straws holds job fair
- Congressman Jim Banks hosts job fair at Purdue Fort Wayne