The St. Joseph Community Health Foundation has awarded a $54,000 grant to the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health.
The grant dollars will be used to pay two part-time interpreters to help refugees. Last year, the clinic saw an increase in Cuban and Haitian resettlement program clients.
There was also a change in refugee populations from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq and Iran.
The interpreters speak Burmese and will help with medical and environmental services.
- Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health receives $54,000 grant
- Fort Wayne International Airport receives runway grants
- Allen County Health Department awarded grant for Narcan
- Allen County Health Department encourages spring break safety
- Four promotions at Fort Wayne Police Department
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- IU Health planning Fort Wayne expansion
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Allen County Coroner's Office will investigate human remains found behind Fort Wayne home