FORT WAYNE, Ind (WFFT) - A former Fort Wayne Community School employee is accused of trying to have sex with a student with special needs.
Devin Gilliam, 28, is wanted on child solicitation and dissemination of matter harmful to children charges.
Court documents show the girl who is confined to a wheelchair has known Gilliam for several years because he was family friend.
Gilliam also escorted the victim to class since he worked at North Side High School.
FWCS fired the special education assistant in August when the investigation began.
Court records state sometime between December 2017 and August 2018, Gilliam sent several texts to the victim making sexual comments.
Police said one comment mentioned the victim would have to sit on his lap.
Documents also state Gilliam sent a nude photo via Snapchat and the officer who had worked at the school knew it was Gilliam.
A warrant was issued for Gilliam's arrest.
- Former special education aide accused of trying to solicit student
- Special education students from EACS deliver Valentines to Parkview patients
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft accused of soliciting sex
- Special prosecutor named to aid in Indiana AG investigation
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft pleads not guilty to soliciting prostitution
- Robert Kraft offers apology after charges of soliciting prostitution
- Educators warn: Rescoring students' exams may hurt results
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft could be charged as early as Monday in sex solicitation case
- FWCS to showcase the variety of educational options available for students
- Locals join the 22nd Aids Walk downtown