FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — A former band teacher is behind bars after an investigation discovered her was having an inappropriate relationship with a student.
The Allen County Sheriff's Department arrested 31-year-old Josiah D. Pfenning on charges of child seduction and possession of child pornography Thursday.
Authorities started their investigation on Aug. 23 after they were called to investigate a possible relationship between Pfenning and one of his students, according to court documents.
During the investigation police say the vivtim said her relationship with Pfennings "changed from friendship to something different in April 2019."
The victim said all the incidents happened at the school.
On Sept. 3 the victim said in an interview that she was sexually abused/assaulted by Pfenning, who was her high school band director.
According to court documents she said Pfenning got "worse and worse" and started touching her "inappropriately" in "both areas."
The victim allegedly said that Pfenning "reiterated not to say anything because he would 'be put away for a very long time' and reminded her to make sure she deleted everything including conversations they had on Instagram."
The full affidavit can be found below.
- Former Heritage High School Band Director arrested on child seduction charges
- Former Fremont High School coach arrested for child seduction
- Indiana soccer academy owner arrested for child seduction
- Ex-teacher's aide violates probation in child seduction case
- Heritage High School students earn bottle cap bench
- Ligonier man arrested on child pornography charges
- University of Florida band director says he was attacked after football game
- Adams Central football coach arrested on child molestation charges
- Fort Wayne police officer arrested on child pornography charges
- Whitley County man arrested on child porn charges