FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The former Elmhurst High School is almost gone.
Only the original section of the school built in the 1920s is still standing.
Earlier this week, the frame of the auditorium was brought down.
There are still several lockers and other items on the grounds.
Hanson Aggregates started tearing down the school in May after buying the property last year.
A Facebook group is set up where people can get some of the old school.
- Former Elmhurst High School almost completely torn down
- Elmhurst High School demolition begins
- Elmhurst High School to continue tours Saturday
- Saying goodbye to Elmhurst
- Franklin School Park completed
- Building at center of massive fire torn down
- Old bait shop torn down for roundabout construction
- Former Sears store to be torn down for new retail, restaurant
- Pufferbelly Trail in Fort Wayne complete
- Metaform sculpture and mural complete downtown