KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- Kosciusko is now one of the 26 cities that's included on the emergency list, and now eligible for expanded state emergency services.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security said Friday that the state and local officials have been assessing damages to buildings in areas where floodwaters have receded enough to allow for safe building inspections.
Homes in Kosciusko along Sunset Drive in the county are no stranger to flooding.
"I think it was in '08 was when we had the worst flood that anybody here could remember," Daniel Minor said.
Minor said that experience prepared them all.
"The city has taken steps and the Lake Association to make sure sand bags were available, and they got them out in a timely manner," he said.
Minor also said the water was about a foot or more during the flood, so the sandbags came in handy.
The state Insurance Department directed insurers Friday to implement a 60 day cancellation moratorium for affected policy holders.
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Five arrested in Kosciusko County drug bust
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County Jail gets new body scanner to detect contraband
- One dead, three injured in Kosciusko Co. vehicle accident
- Indiana State Police investigating inmate death at Kosciusko County Jail
- Man charged with child molesting in Kosciusko County
- Man airlifted in critical condition after Kosciusko County crash