Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - If you're planning on having your own show instead of going to the big ones like the city has, listen up.
"Here in Indiana they have to be Class C fireworks to buy. Anything that's Class B or A, that's your professional stuff that we don’t sell," Outlaw Jimmys store manager Allen Kent said.
Every store you go to has to falls under the state guidelines.
They must be registered with the state and have an approval from inspection.
Even though the stores are already set up, Assistant Fire Chief Jim Murua said you still have to wait a little bit to have some fun.
"The dates fall between June 29th and July 3rd between 5:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to light fireworks off and again July 5th through the 9th from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.," Murua explained.
Any time before or after, you can get penalized for this month.
You can't set off fireworks at local parks either. However, you're home or other property with the consent of a neighbor is allowed.
Here's a look at all you need to know here.
- Firework shops now open
- Shopping center opens up piece of history
- Park Center opens "one stop shop"
- Fireworks cleanup and sales begin
- Loren's Body Shop
- Target is opening Disney shops inside its stores
- Black Friday shopping starts early
- 25,000 fireworks are recalled after a boy loses his hand
- Boy who fell into Indiana drain rescued during fireworks
- Bridal shop closes, brides wait for refunds