FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - It seems everywhere you turn this summer, there's road construction.
Monday, Washington Center Road between Lima and Huguenard roads closed for bridge replacement.
Closures cause head aches for drivers and firefighters.
To make sure response times don't suffer, the Fort Wayne Fire Department plans ahead.
They will look at ways to keep the response times down to around four minutes.
Sometimes that means changing who is responding to a call and driving the roads.
"The crews still go out on a daily basis just like they've been doing for years and to check to see if the roads are actually closed," said Fort Wayne Fire Department spokesman Adam O'Connor.
The Fort Wayne Department of Public Works urges drivers to slow down and follow the posted detours.
- Firefighters adjust for road construction
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road construction is complete
- FWCS continues work to adjust its curriculum
- Interchange adjustment project continues in Allen County
- State Road 101 construction begins Monday
- Road construction season returns with Spring
- Allen County students adjusting to seat belts on school buses
- Schools adjusting bus routes to comply with new state law
- Noble County law enforcement making adjustment to better protect citizens