FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne firefighters put out a small fire just east of downtown Friday afternoon.
It happened just before 1:00 p.m. at 1124 Grant Ave. When crews arrived they found smoke coming from the windows and doors of the house.
The fire was contained in under 15 minutes. Crews on scene told WFFT that someone got into the vacant house and set something on fire on the first floor. At the time, there was no power or gas service to the house. There was a dog running around a fence behind the house, but crews believe it could belong to one of the neighbors.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Fire started at vacant house
- Fire destroys vacant home
- Two people found dead in vacant apartment
- Man dead after house fire
- Dogs rescued from house fire
- Fire damages southeast side house
- Family safe after house fire
- Three Democratic hopefuls looking to fill vacant 6th district council seat
- Elizabeth Warren says House should start impeachment proceedings for Trump
- Start Something Big: Dominic