FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Firefighters spent more than an hour battling a fire at a Fort Wayne butcher Wednesday night.
The fire started after 9 p.m. at Custom Quality Meats, 3227 Carroll Road.
The owner of the business told FOX 55 the business closed at 5 p.m. and she wasn't aware of anyone inside.
The owner was nervous when she saw the flames shoot up.
Carroll Road was closed between Bethel and Lima Roads as crews put out the flames.
- Fire destroys butcher shop Wednesday night
- Charly Butcher calling hours released
- Construction company destroyed in Monday night fire
- Longtime radio host Charly Butcher passes away
- Colleagues remember radio icon, Charly Butcher
- Elected officials remember radio host Charly Butcher
- Fire destroys vacant home
- Fire destroys mobile home
- Fire destroys garage
- Locals say their final goodbye to Charly Butcher